For acute rumen acidosis. Contains magnesium oxide and sodium bicarbonate to correct rumen acidity, dry yeast to support a favourable rumen flora, and ispaghula husk to protect the rumen epithelium.
- SELEKT Antacid contains magnesium oxide, a powerful acid-consuming agent.
- Sodium bicarbonate is included as a buffer to prevent the pH of the rumen liquor from rising above 6.5.
- Lactic acid reduces the activity of cellulolytic bacteria. Yeast is included in SELEKT Antacid to stimulate the growth of bacteria that utilize lactate and digest cellulose.
- Ispaghula husk increases the expression of heat-shock protein 25 which protects epithelial cells.
- Acidotic animals will be dehydrated. Giving Selekt Antacid in 20 litres of water will rehydrate the animal.
Sold in 6 x 400g packets