Rapidly glucogenic formulation for reduction of the risk of ketosis in dairy cows and twin-lamb disease in ewes. Also for ketosis recuperation. Contains glycerol and propylene glycol for a quick and sustained effect on blood-glucose concentration.
- SELEKT Glycerol Plus contains two sources of energy to utilize two different glucogenic pathways:
- propylene glycol gives a sustained release of energy.
- glycerol, which has a similar calorific value to propylene glycol but is much less toxic, provides a rapid release of energy.
- SELEKT Glycerol Plus contains yeast, the constituents of which stimulate the growth of bacteria that utilize lactate and digest cellulose.
- A single one-litre dose of SELEKT Glycerol Plus given in 10 litres of water is usually sufficient to resolve the clinical signs of ketosis.
- It is important to give SELEKT Glycerol Plus in water because it has been shown that glycerol is glucogenic only when given in water. Administering water is also beneficial as a ketotic cow will be dehydrated.