For dehydrated cows and ewes. A formulation of dextrose and electrolytes, including calcium and magnesium, specifically designed for adult ruminants.
- Alkalosis, hypochloraemia, hypokalaemia and hyponatremia are commonly seen in severely dehydrated cattle, and are associated with mortality.
- Sodium is included in SELEKT Restore to retain water in the extracellular-fluid compartment.
- Alkalosis is the more common acid-base disturbance observed in dehydrated cows. SELEKT Restore contains sodium chloride to correct chloride-depletion alkalosis.
- Potassium chloride is included to correct hypokalaemia and correct alkalosis.
- Calcium and magnesium are included at physiological concentrations to prevent further dilution of these electrolytes in the rehydrated cow.
- Dextrose (glucose) is included to make it palatable. After rapid rehydration by pump-drenching, rehydration can be continued by allowing the cow to drink a solution of SELEKT Restore of her own accord.
Also for the rehydration of goats and horses - pack of 12 x 400g